Business Area: Ringway
Vacancy Base: Essex
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
Purpose of the role and your responsibilities;
To lead the team in the Eastern region of the county, managing and delivering traffic management services, contracting barrier works and overseeing the A130 DBFO
- Promote and actively ensure that all activities are undertaken safely and within the guides of the Company Health and Safety policies
- Lead a team of supervisors and 20+ operatives, ensuring they perform in line with productivity and quality targets
- To ensure predicted outcomes for the predicted margins
- To plan, control, and manage all operational activities in line with company policy, processes and procedures
- Work closely with the Business Manager to ensure effective high quality service delivery
- Carry out staff appraisals and determine training requirements in order to continually improve standards
- To develop personnel within their areas of delegation by the use of internal and external training resource: and to plan succession and enhance the effectiveness of the people resource
Qualifications / Skills / Experience required;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Contracts Manager
- ONC or HNC in Construction/Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of civil/highways contracts (desirable)
- Good all-round knowledge and experience of general civil engineering works and traffic management (barrier repairs, new installations and traffic management)
- Outstanding organisation and time management skills
- Have a flexible approach and have excellent people and problem solving skills
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.