Business Area: SWH
Vacancy Base: Rockbeare
Contract Type: Permanent
South West Highways is a regional employer that maintains the friendly feel of a local business. A highway services and construction business with a highly trained workforce, which is our greatest asset, enabling us to operate a self delivery model.. As testament to our success, we have managed two of the longest running highway maintenance and repair contracts in the UK and are entrusted by private and public sector clients to deliver their vision for expanding capacity and improving local services.
We are looking for a Senior Contracts Manager to support the Divisional Manager in delivering core strategy and compliance across the Build Team. The role will be about managing teams to deliver projects on time and within the tendered budget in line with core strategy and ensuring the Eurovia minimum standards are met.
As the Senior Contracts Manager you will be required to:
- take responsibility for all build activities and team members in terms of safety, cost and programme.
- Evaluate schemes with the Commercial Manager and Divisional Manager pre tender to manage the risk pro-actively and identify opportunities in line with core strategy. Support the tendering of schemes as and when required.
- Expand and develop the operational teams to maximise self-delivery whist maximising efficiency
The successful Senior Contracts Manager will have:
- All appropriate HS&E qualifications as a minimum.
- Demonstrable experience of working in the build sector from a site perspective and management perspective
- Proficient at producing Contract Programmes using Programme software such as Asta, Project or similar. Working with the site teams to produce target & short term programmes, resourced & linked clearly showing the critical path elements.
- The Build Manager will need to be a strong and capable individual with the ability to give clear direction through leadership to the teams.
We understand that retaining and attracting the right people into our business is fundamental to maintaining the quality of service we provide to our clients and the wider public. We believe in empowering our employees and equipping them with the tools and training they need to be effective in their jobs, as well as enabling them to achieve their personal and professional goals. Our people are our strength and we believe passionately in investing in their future.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.