Contracts Manager (VN1218)
Business Area: Operational Management
Vacancy Base: Melksham
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
The opportunity has arisen for an experience Contracts Manager to add value to our projects based in Wiltshire. To manage the operational sections within the targets set by the budget. Meet all safety, environment and quality obligations. Work with and meet the needs of all stakeholders both internally and externally. Manage the Winter Maintenance and Emergency response functions.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITES:
· Manage and promote a safe working environment for all operations.
· Monitor safety targets and completion of safety audits.
· Undertake safety investigations for incidents.
· Manage the Winter Maintenance and Emergency response functions
· Manage operational section in line with budget and business plan.
· Meet financial targets, analyse weekly cost and value progress returns.
· Monitor works programmes and review resources on regular basis.
· Ensure work applications are made within agreed timescales.
· Monitor skills and experience of staff and operatives within the section and identify training needs.
· Develop and promote close working relationships with client.
· Manage and promote EFQM and IMS ensuring systems and procedures are adhered to within required timescales.
· Ensure information and requirements are passed on to team from operational / management meetings
· Actively foster a positive staff morale
· Willingly carry out any reasonable task as requested by a member of senior management
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
· Financial returns in line with budget, including DSO.
· Safety performance measures in line with safety objectives and statutory reporting.
· Results of Key performance indicators
· Client satisfaction survey feedback
· Work not Invoiced to acceptable levels.
· Timely provision of information to enable deadlines to be met.
· IMS standards maintained.
SERVICE STANDARDS :
· Promotion of company core values.
· Hands on and active support for colleagues, especially direct team.
· Professional and tidy appearance
· Courteous and prompt response to all stakeholders
· Ensuring agreed deadlines are met.
· Working at all times to continually improve their business.
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.