Business Area: Fleet, Plant & Workshops
Vacancy Base: Tormarton
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
The opportunity has arisen for Fleet Coordinator to join the team based in Melksham. The successful candidate will have previous experience providing support to the Fleet Manager on various administrative tasks. The ideal candidate will have a strong administrative background and experience working within a fleet coordinator role previously.
This will be working on the Highways England contract.
· Resolving vehicle issues: breakdowns, defects and book in repairs,
· Organising of driver packs, giving information on breakdowns, Tyre replacements and company car driver responsibilities
· Maintenance of fleet system including updating system, adding new vehicles, removing old vehicles and updating hire information.
· Checking of defect books and storing securely in vehicle files ensuring defect reporting system is being used correctly and monitoring
· Support the undertaking of any investigations/fact finding associated with any vehicle and/or driver incidents or infringements utilising Council and attend driver panel meetings when required. Driver assessments may be required to be carried out on request of driver panel
· Liaise with insurance department to make sure any vehicles are added or removed from MID
· Issuing of order numbers for vehicles as and when required
· To support the regular review of the utilisation of the organisations fleet, making recommendations to better support services and/or for the organisation to be more efficient. These reports will then be presented at Capex
· To arrange vehicle hires and leases, maintaining accurate records of the organisations fleet hire and leased vehicles and ensuring hire vehicles are fit for purpose. Also liaising with hire companies to ensure services are carried out on hired/leased vehicles
· To ensure safety inspection schedule for HGV vehicles is sent out to agents to remain compliant ensuring all HGV MOT bookings are made with service providers and information is added to service schedule
· Creating and issuing service and MOT schedules for all works vehicles vans and cars
· SAP invoicing approval and queries
· Monitoring of vehicle telematics system
· Dealing with and responding to daily email requests and telephone enquiries
· Arranging vehicle movements between Plymouth and Exeter sites
Deal with warranty issues- organise with company/dealership for repair and communicate booking dates with divisions so as replacement vehicles can be organised
· Monitor vehicle condition and damage ensuring damage has been reported correctly and reporting any damage and poor vehicle condition back to agents/divisional managers
· Liaising with service providers to make sure work is running to schedule and being completed within agreed timescales
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.