Assistant Contracts Manager (VN2513)
Business Area: Operational Management
Vacancy Base: Quedgeley / Slade Green
Contract Type: Permanent
Eurovia’s core expertise is transport infrastructure and urban development, producing specialist, market leading materials and construction services to the UK highways industry. Our knowledge and technical expertise has enabled investment in growth to develop innovative and sustainable construction techniques and solutions that benefit road users, airports, stadiums, playgrounds and pedestrian footways across the UK.
The candidate will need to be responsible for the day to day running and operating of the Microsurfacing, footway slurry and hand applied divisions. Duties will include capturing site costs through weekly Papyrus system. Day to day planning, coordinating and effective allocation of labour, plant & resources
Assisting in all operational and commercial aspects of the Microsurfacing business.
The purpose of the role is to
Experience within the Specialist Treatments industry and ideally witihin Microsurfacing. Building client relationships. Managing people.
Assistant Contracts Manager will be responsible for
• Assist the National Contracts Manager with all operational tasks including planning, programming, costings and client liaison. This will include management and supervision of the operational teams and supervisors.
• Commercial assistance
• To actively foster a positive staff morale.
• To willingly carry out any reasonable task as requested by a member of the management team.
• Be responsible with liaising with various clients.
• Producing programmes and daily whereabouts.
• Working closely with the Line Manager to control positive outputs.
• Produce weekly timesheets.
• Ordering and controlling the purchasing of materials delivered to site.
• Manage and control Internal and External supply chain.
• Report and manage breakdowns.
• Health and Safety
Assistant Contracts Manager will have
• A Knowledge of Highways Maintenance and knowledge of Sector Scheme 13.
• Previous experience in a Supervisory role.
• Good knowledge of all microsoft office applications.
• Knowledge of working with local authorities.
• Ideally a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the industry. Highways England background and knowledge is a
• Benefit but not essential
• Leadership and Management Qualifications
• NRSWA Qualification
• Good effective communication with a polite telephone manner
• Good organisational skills, accurate and attention to detail
• Ideally a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the industry. Highways England background and knowledge is a benefit but not essential.
We are Investors in People accredited We work hard to create an environment for job satisfaction, where our workforce feel that they are instrumental in contributing to the overall success of the business and on a personal level, can access development towards their professional goals and aspirations.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.