Assistant Quantity Surveyor (VN2111)
Business Area: Commercial, Quantity Surveying & Project Management
Vacancy Base: Shire Hall, Gloucester
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
Activities of the team/department that this role will operate in;
- Commercial understanding of NEC 4 contract,
- Support of EWN, CE, CEQ
- Support of Supply chain partners assessment and payment
- Use of CPA (Measurement), Kheops/SAP (cost)
- Representing Ringway in client facing meetings
- Processing and management of payment applications to agreed calendar
- Leading Cost/Value Reconciliation in the weekly CVR meetings
- Review and processing of final accounting
- Working understanding of BoQ
- Aiding the Senior QS in the administration of sub-contracts.
Previous Skills and Experience needed;
- Previous experience in similar role
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of Commercial Management of works on site
- Effective Commercial management of onsite activities and change management process
- Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering qualification or working towards, experience and time served rather than formal qualifications will be considered
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.