Business Area: Eurovia UK
Vacancy Base: 42 Daish Way, Newport PO30 5XJ
County: Isle of Wight
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
As The Buyer you will be responsible for and expected to:
• Actively involved in supplier base selection and development, including active performance management.
• Prepare, issue and review supplier RFQ’s, recommending preferred options to the relevant stakeholders.
• Pro-actively report material and availability issues, and implement immediate corrective actions as required.
• Converting Purchase Requisitions to Purchase Orders for Materials, PPE, Tools, Plant Hire, Professional Services and ICT and issuing to Suppliers.
• Adhere to the Procurement Process, maintaining the financial governance throughout each stage of the process.
• Managing the Purchase Order monthly “call offs”.
• Uphold the five rights of Procurement; Right product, Right Quantity, Right Quality, Right Price, Right time.
• Hiring and Off hiring Plant and Tools, maintaining register of Hired Plant and Tools.
• Working to the Group Framework and Local Agreement pricing catalogues, consideration of price when finalising Purchase Orders, making sure arcuate costing is committed with every purchase.
• Working closely with the finance team, dealing with invoice queries.
• Negotiating with Supply Chain Partners, procuring at the most competitive rates without compromising on quality.
• Working across other Divisions within the Region, some travel to other Divisions may be required.
• Provide holiday and sickness cover to other Divisions within the Region when required.
The Buyer will have:
• Experience dealing with vendors and sub-contractors. The candidate would ideally have a wide understanding of the construction industry, particularly in Highways.
• A recognised degree level qualification and / or CIPS at level 4 or above.
• SAP experience would be ideal.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Procurement role.
• Experience of direct and indirect sourcing of materials and plant hire within the Highways / Construction industry.
Skills and Attributes:
• Sound negotiation skills.
• Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
• Strong time management skills, ability to prioritise own workload
• Must have a flexible and dynamic approach to workload.
• Creative thinker, with commercial judgement and aptitude.
• Resourceful and able to work on own initiative is a must.
• A good understanding of Company and Business objectives, as well as Health and Safety.
• Advanced in all Microsoft applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.