Business Area: Surfacing Operatives
Vacancy Base: Suite 5B, Avionics House, Newhaven Road, Gloucestershire, Quedgeley,
Contract Type: Permanent
Eurovia’s core expertise is transport infrastructure and urban development, producing specialist, market leading materials and construction services to the UK highways industry. Our knowledge and technical expertise has enabled investment in growth to develop innovative and sustainable construction techniques and solutions that benefit road users, airports, stadiums, playgrounds and pedestrian footways across the UK.
Activities of the team/department that this role will operate in;
To supervise the on-site operational aspects of the surfacing team
Purpose of the role and your responsibilities;
Safety - To supervise and ensure all operatives full comply and adhere to all company Health, Safety & Environmental Policies, and procedures.
• Cost control - Deliver on site works to Supervisor’s programme, working within the constraints and specification of the contract.
• Waste Asphalt – Ensure materials are laid to correct thicknesses to help reduce waste materials from being sent to tip, which impacts on both cost and environment
• Quality Assurance – To help ensure full compliance to Sector 16, i.e. temperature checks, daily laying records, whilst a “Right 1st Time” approach is adopted at all times.
• Paperwork – Ensure full and accurate completion of all daily record sheets, traffic management sheets, daily plant inspection and defect reports, including any other report sheets, and issue each Monday to Supervisor / Assigned office
• Training – To attend programmed training as and when required.
• EFQM / TWWW – Ensure full ownership and compliance with all company systems/policies/procedures.
• To carry out any reasonable task as requested by a member of management.
• Plant Security, Damage & Defects – Ensure plant is safely parked and secured on site, with damage and defects duly recorded and reported immediately.
Formal qualifications required;
A Full UK driving Licence
Good standard of general education
First Aid at Work certificate
PC literate i.e. MS Office, outlook, word, excel,
2 – 5 years on site experience laying asphalt
Understanding of operation and maintenance requirements of plant and machinery
Good knowledge of the construction industry and best practice
Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and standards
Good organisational skills with great attention to detail with the ability to work to deadlines
Effective communication skills both written and verbal
Ability to work calmly under pressure with minimal supervision
Flexible in terms of hours worked and travel
Enthusiastic and an effective team player
Prepared not to smoke in working hours
Undertake any training deemed necessary to enhance performance
Take responsibility for own continuous professional development
We are Investors in People accredited We work hard to create an environment for job satisfaction, where our workforce feel that they are instrumental in contributing to the overall success of the business and on a personal level, can access development towards their professional goals and aspirations.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.